Vehicle window glass repair has quickly become a business with fast turn around times and little hassle to the driver. Those with full coverage glass replacement need only make a phone call to get the process started. More than likely all you will have to do is sign a paper when your repair is complete. Here’s some answers to questions about auto glass repair and replacement in Santa Barbara that we can help you with.
• Does it matter if I have broken glass or a chipped windshield? Yes, absolutely it does. Damaged or chipped glass can break when you hit a bump in the road, but more importantly your glass serves as an important structural purpose during an auto accident. Never drive a car with damaged glass longer than you have too.
• Do I have to replace my windshield? Maybe. The determining factor will be the size of your chip or crack. If it is larger than a dollar bill in size, then you may have to have the window replaced. Otherwise a resin can be injected into the damaged windshield for an easy repair.
• Is there a difference between my windshield and the other glass in the car? Yes there is. Windshield glass is laminated safety glass, designed to react differently in an auto accident, where the sides and rear are often tempered glass.
• How much will my repair cost me? If you have full coverage with glass coverage, nothing. Glass repair is so easy and streamlined that as long as you don’t have an excessive amount of glass claims, the repair should be covered by your insurance. Without it, prices can range from $100 to $700 depending on the type of glass you want to install and the car you are driving. We work with all insurance!
• How long will the repair take? Repair times vary from 30 minutes to an hour or two, depending if the windshield must be replaced or just repaired.
• How long before I can drive my car again after the repair? If you have your windshield replaced you will want to notify your glass installer prior to the repair. Most resin dries in 1-3 hours and glue from glass installation can dry in as little as 1 hour or as long as 24 hours.
• How soon can I wash my car? You want to wait at least 24 hours prior to washing your car after a windshield repair.
• Will my insurance rates increase? No. Glass repairs don’t increase your insurance rates. We work with all insurance![From https://www.autos.com/auto-repair/car-window-glass-repair-frequently-asked-questions]